HeadHands Skills Center
About Sebastian Deh
Sebastian is a Development and Banking expert, with a senior level professional background in Technical and Vocational education and Training (TVET), development project design and implementation, hands-on banking and financial service delivery. Currently, he doubles as the CEO of Atlantic Development Finance Company and Executive Director of HeadHands Support Foundation.
Sebastian’s professional background, include a 16-year career in Banking and Finance. During this period, he played key roles in the establishment and growth of 3 leading banks in Ghana. Across these banks he held several managerial positions, including those in Business Development, Credit management, Training, Banking operations, International trade finance, Administration, Corporate strategy, as well as design and implementation of microfinance schemes.
About HeadHands Skills Center
The HeadHands Skills Center (HSC) is workforce and organizational capacity development bureau established jointly by The HeadHands Support Foundation, a Ghanaian NGO and Atlantic Development Finance Company Limited in December 2010.
Operations of the center focus on management consultancy in critical areas such as Integrated Skills Development, Education Research, Enterprise Development, Agribusiness, Microfinance and SME Banking across Ghana and in other African countries. Our key offers include: Business Development Services:, Integrated Skills Development and Education Research , Capacity Building for Organizations, Microfinance and SME Banking :
In terms of critical human capacity, key persons at the helm of affairs of HSC possess over two decades of combined consultancy experiences in Development work and Banking in Ghana and other African countries. These include managerial experience across 3 banks, managing the Country Program of United States African Development Foundation (USADF) with a grant portfolio of approximately US$10 million obligated to 25 SMEs. The Executive Director, of HSC who leads all consultancy and training assignments in HSC, has over the past 4 years presided over implementation of 3 integrated TVET and Skills Development projects worth over $350 million, leading to appreciable improvements in TVET sector of Ghana.
Below are some critical areas covered which would be leveraged to deliver on professional advisory on Environmental and Social risk Management (ESRM):
• Technical Advisor on TVET, Ministry of Education Ghana (March 2017-March 2018)
• Immediate past Executive Director of council for technical and vocational education and training (COTVET) under the Ministry of Education-Ghana (Jan 2014 – Feb2017)
• Member of governing board of 4 national education regulatory bodies including the council for technical and vocational education and training (COTVET) (Jan 2014 – Feb2017)
• Member of 4 national development program steering committees, including the Skills Development Fund committee and the national apprenticeship committee. (Jan 2014 – Feb2017)
• Chairman for a working group overseeing implementation of YouMatch program -a global youth employment initiative targeted at African youth (Sept 2015 till date)
• Incorporated Environmental and Social Risk Management in all Strategic/ Annual Operational Plans drawn for managing Asset and Liability portfolio across 3 banks in Ghana (Jan 2011- Dec 2013)
• Served as key management staff member in setting up of a novel microfinance banking business in Ghana (Procredit) leading to and inclusion of informal sector clients in the formal banking system. (IFC was a shareholder in Procredit.
• Team member for comprehensive assessment of matching grant projects funded by IFAD in Ghana.